Job Opportunity in North Mississippi
Position Available – Special Education Advocate
Disability Rights Mississippi (DRMS) is seeking an experienced advocate to provide protection and advocacy services to children with disabilities in the north Mississippi schools. The advocate will work under the supervision of a senior advocate and attorney out of the Jackson office.
This is a part-time position located in north Mississippi. It is a time limited position for approximately 9 months.
- Four year degree from an accredited college or university with advanced degree preferred
- Background in special education or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with all staff
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to travel throughout north Mississippi.
- 3-5 years of experience advocating on behalf of children with disabilities in the education setting and knowledge of special education laws preferred
Salary: $25/hour for 10 hours per week
Mail or fax a letter of interest and resume to:
Attn: Advocate Search
210 E. Capitol St., Ste 600
Jackson, MS 39201
(601) 968-0665 (fax)
Or e-mail same to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in disability rights.
Deadline to apply: July 31, 2017
Equal Opportunity Employer
This position is made possible in part by a grant from the
Interest on Lawyers Trust Accounts Program of the MS Bar Foundation.